Friday, November 16, 2012

Creamy Avocado Pasta



It's a quick, simple and delicious dish. Perfect for the days when you don't have time for preparing stews or casseroles. I really enjoyed this but I regret I didn't have any fresh basil. I believe this is an essential ingredient for this pasta and dried basil can't replace the fresh one.

Yield: Serves 1

1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste 

1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (I used 2 tsp dried basil because I didn't have any fresh)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 serving your favourite pasta


1. Cook your pasta according to the directions.

2. Meanwhile, make the sauce: place the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.

3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Serve immediately.



3 comments:

  1. I like this type of food when I come back from work, and also it's a nice way to use avocado leftovers, that can be lot of time at the fridge ;)

    I love the touch of basil, it sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I like this type of food, especially pasta dishes because they can be made in so many ways! ;>

      Delete
  2. I found this via The Red Tricycle's website and wanted to stop by and say thank you for sharing this great idea. My dairy free mac and cheese is healthier than the real thing but it's not as colorful or as good for you as this dish. We often use avocado as a mayo replacement, especially in salads so I will definitely be making this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...