Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Avocado Egg Salad (Mayo-free)







I was thinking what to write in this post and couldn't think of anything smart. I guess I'm not very productive after the exams session. But I'm already writing something, so it's not that bad, right?? Actually, I'll better say something about avocado. I love avocado. I especially fell in love with it after making Avocado Brownies last week. Well, let's discuss this avocado egg salad now. It's amazing. Why? Because there's no mayo in it, which means, it's skinny and healthy, and still tastes wonderful! I believe this would be perfect wrapped in tortilla or simply used as spread on a slice of bread. Or who said you can't eat it straight from the bowl?


Avocado Egg Salad (Mayo-free)

1 large ripe avocado (300g)
2 large eggs, hard boiled
1-2 cloves garlic
~20g Greek yogurt (1-2 tbsp)
salt & black pepper

1) Cut avocado into small/medium cubes and mash some of it. Cut egg into small cubes and mix with avocado. Mince garlic and mix together with avocado/egg.

2) Add Greek Yogurt and mix with a spoon, mashing avocado and egg a little bit. Season with salt and pepper.

Enjoy!

Recipe by collecting memories


6 comments:

  1. i never thought of an avocado and egg salad but what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE adding avos to my egg salad. The color of this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these photos are so pretty!! So colorful!!

    Looks really good in that slice of bread, but it's true that a wrap with this salad must be delicious.
    And I use Greek yogurt for everything (well, not so much), so using it here I love it, even more fresh texture and flavour than with mayo.

    Have a nice week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, I think next time I'll try this in a wrap. I also use Greek yogurt for almost everything (And I love eating it plain, especially vanilla flavoured :))

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...