Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Blueberry Crumb Bars






My 100th post!!! Finally! I can't believe I've already posted so many recipes and I'm so happy that this collection is growing. So these blueberry crumb bars took this honorable post and I'm glad because they are really worth it. These bars are packed with blueberries and that buttery base & crumb topping takes them to the top. I'm sure these should find place on your Easter table! I have already tested some more recipes for Easter and I can't wait to post them. For now, bake a batch of these bars and indulge in this blueberry goodness.


Blueberry Crumb Bars 

Crust & Crumbs
1 cup/125g flour
1/4 cup/56g sugar
1/4 tsp salt
115g cold butter 
 


Filling
250g/1 1/2 cup blueberries
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
30g/3 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
60g/1/4 cup sour cream
pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla

1) Grease 20x20cm baking dish and set aside.  Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

2) In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar and salt together. Add cubed butter and mix until crumbly.


3) Take 1/2 cup of mixture & set aside. Take remaining mixture and firmly press into the bottom of your baking dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly brown on top.

3) While the crust is baking, whisk the egg. Add sugar, sour cream, vanilla, flour and salt. Mix until well combined. Gently fold in the blueberries. 


4) Pour the filling onto the crust. Take the remaining crumbs and sprinkle evenly over the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Cool before slicing and serve.


18 comments:

  1. Congratulations for the 100th!!

    And wow, nice sweet to celebrate!! Even if your entire collecion is tempting and hard to decide ;)

    I like crunchy things, no matter if salty or sweet.
    And if sweet, please, come with fruit, love streusel cakes, crumble, bars...
    Never try a filling for crumb bars using egg and sour cream, sounds good to me ;)

    I love the dish of the foto :) :) Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula!!
      Me too I love streusel cakes, buttery crumble, and especially if there is a blueberry, raspberry or any other berry filling. Mmm!!
      It was the first time when I used sour cream for the filling. I think it added some richness or moistness, but these were good!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! Cheers to 1000 more!! Love the bars they look too good to eat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gaby - nice to meet you! I wish you knew how much I love blueberries - can't wait for a reason to make a pan of these babies. I think this is my first visit to your blog.... so glad I found it. LOVE your pics - just out of curiosity, what kind of camera/lens set up are you using? Happy to be your newest follower!

    Take care,
    Patricia @ ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patricia, nice to meet you! I wish I had a more professional camera, now I'm using canon 1000D.
      I love blueberries too, they always disappear first from the freezer!
      Thank you very much for your comment, see you!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your 100th post! I made this recipe for Easter Breakfast and it was a huge hit. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - thanks for the info about your camera. I wouldn't change a thing if I were you - great shots!! My son is a photographer and says "the eye of the photographer" is more important than the equipment. You certainly have that eye. Happy Easter.

      Delete
    2. Oh thank you!! Sometimes I waste so many shots if I wan't to take great pictures. Then I spend hours trying to decide which photos to publish! Even though I don't find myself a keen photographer thanks for your comment. Hope you had a nice Easter too.

      Delete
  5. Oh yum, your bars look so delicious! Happy 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! The light purple floral fabric is a lovely background to these. I bet the sour cream makes these moist and more rich, perfect summer dessert! I'll wish you a happy 100th post, even if it is incredibly late:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Just picked some fresh blueberries and thought this recipe looked scrumptious! One question, what is the oven temp supposed to be when you bake all of the ingredients together? Do you keep the oven at 180? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Yes, the temperature remains the same during the baking time :)

      Delete
  8. This looks so good..Is there a way to print this ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - simply copy and paste to the microsoft word!

      Delete
  9. The illuminati brotherhood is a secret society of wealthy and influential people all around the world And we have representatives every where, even in you country.  Anybody in any part of the world of any religion can be a full member of the illuminati brotherhood as long as you can complete the Molanter of genesis initiation process and become a full member of the fraternity then you will see the power of wealth and fame and famous rich $920,000. instantly you become a full member of the illuminati brotherhood. The Molanter initiation process will take just 3 days, and we are not against any religion or any country law. Immediately your initiation is completed you will see the power of the fraternity in your life contact via  +1 7175940987     email davidcastrocarlo@gmail.com               

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...