Monday, October 20, 2014

Oatmeal Fudge Bars









Okay, first of all, I have to warn you. I ate more than half of the pan. Just by myself. In one day. 
If you like me are living alone, I suggest stop reading this post. Because these oatmeal fudge bars are dangerous. SERIOUSLY. You CAN'T eat just one. Or two. 
If you are still reading and planning to save this recipe, make sure you gather all your friends and family to share these bars so you don't eat the entire pan by yourself. 
What makes them so irresistible? Well, there is a fudgy, chewy chocolate layer sandwiched between soft, buttery dough. And there's condensed milk in it which is one of my favourite things ever. In other words, I love everything about them. 
But there's one thing. As I've mentioned before, these little bars are quite dangerous. They're really rich so you shouldn't eat more than two at a time. Don't be like me. There are a little bit more calories than you'd prefer, but hey, sometimes you have to treat yourself. You deserve that.

Oatmeal Fudge Bars

113g (1/2 cup) butter, softened
200g (1 cup) light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
156g(1 1/4 cup) flour
135g (1 1/2cup) quick-cooking oats 
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Fudge layer:
200g (1/2 can) sweetened condensed milk
160g (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
15g (1 tbsp) butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

1) In a medium bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

2) With your mixer, beat butter and sugar until soft anf fluffy. Add egg amd beat until incorporated. Beat in the vanilla.

3) Stir in the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Add oats and stir just until combined.

4) Spread 3/4 of the dough in a greased 8x8 inch (20x20 cm) metal or silicon pan. Reserve the remaining dough for the topping. Refrigerate it while you prepare the fudge layer.

5) In a saucepan, melt butter. Add condensed milk and chocolate chips. Heat just until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Pour the warm fudge layer over the oat layer. Top with small bits of the reserved dough. 

6) Bake in a preheated oven (180C/350F) for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Let cool completely and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares and enjoy! (I like keeping mine in the fridge all the time).

Recipe adapted from here.






8 comments:

  1. i love oatmeal bars.these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine!! Thanks for the warning, but not useful, we always fall into temptation!!

    I see it happens as at home, me alone, planning a dessert, when you end, you alone, anybody to share, and you end eating another, and another, and... just save one for my boyf :P

    Lately I use oat flour a lot, it tastes much better than regular floor.

    But, I have to say you, how can you warn, and then put all these lovely, nice, perfect photos!! You can't expect we won't fall with the ones with the bite! :P

    Have a nice week, Gaby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I can't stop eating when I'm alone. You grab one, then a second one.. Shame!
      I love everything oatmeal. It's good to use oat flour, it tastes great and it's much better for you!
      Haha, I know I am sooo bad! These photos are really tempting. The thing is, I want you to try this, but I warn not to eat too much! :D
      Thank you so much! You too have a nice weekend Paula!!

      Delete
  3. Why a metal or silicone pan? How about glass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job for publishing such a beneficial website. Your weblog isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Stitched collection

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. abaya for sale

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. zara shahjahan sale unstitched

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...