Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Chocolate Granola Bars (no-bake)






I used to buy granola bars. I used to be so addicted to them. But since I learned how to make them at home, I never buy them again. Okay, just sometimes.

This was the first time I made granola bars with chocolate. And THESE turned out amazing. Imagine a soft, chewy, sweet bar packed with juicy raisins, chocolate and an amazing coconut aroma. It was so hard to resist eating the whole batch at once.. But I was strong enough to save some for the next day. And it's so great to know that what you eat is actually healthy. Oh come on, stop reading and give these a try.

Chocolate Granola Bars (no-bake)
2 cups quick cooking oats
50ml unrefined coconut oil
5-6 tbsp honey
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder (use high-quality!)
20-25g dark chocolate, chopped
100g golden raisins, chopped

1) In a small saucepan, melt together coconut oil and honey. Mix in cocoa powder and stir just until there are no lumps and the mixure is smooth.  Remove from heat.

2) In a medium bowl, mix together oats, chocolate and raisins. Stir in the coconut oil/honey mixture and stir until combined. Press into 10x22cm loaf pan and place in the fridge. Refrigerate at least 3 hours and cut into squares. Store in refrigerator (if it isn't very hot you may store them at room temperature)

Recipe by collecting memories


6 comments:

  1. How did you know I was craving these today?! I will make this this afternoon - cannot wait! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you see, how well I know you! If you try them, I'd be glad to hear your opinion about these :))

      Delete
  2. Yummy! This recipe is fantastic. I'm thinking about adding some coconut flakes into mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how many calories and how much protein is in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never count calories but I counted how much approximately these could have. In the whole batch there should be about 1500kcal, but as the measurements are not completely accurate in this recipe it's not possible to count the exact amount of calories.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...