Here's another easy recipe for healthyish snack bars. As these contain bananas, carrots and applesauce there's no need to add sugars. It's sweet enough with only 4 tablespoons of honey and, moreover, honey gives moistness which keeps for many days. It's a perfect snack for school or tea-time!
Banana Carrot Bars (Oil, Butter & Sugar Free)
50g oat flour
100g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powderPinch salt
1 tbsp wheat bran (optional)
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
4tbsp (~50ml) honey
70ml buttermilk (or milk)1 large egg, beaten
4 tbsp applesauce
1 large overripe banana, mashed
1 large carrot, shredded
1) Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Prepare a 20x20cm silicone baking dish.
2) In a small bowl, combine together all-purpose flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, wheat bran and pumpkin pie spice.
3) In another bowl, combine together buttermilk, honey and egg.
4) In a large mixing bowl, mix together applesauce, banana and carrot.
5) Add buttermilk mixture to the banana mixture, stir to combine. Add the flour mixture and stir well. Pour the mixture to the baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely and cut into squares.
Recipe by collecting memories