Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Grilled Cheese Pesto Sandwich




Grilled Cheese Pesto Sandwich
2 slices bread
1 tbsp butter
2 slices mozzarella cheese
2 tsp pesto sauce

1) Heat the pan over medium-low heat.

2) Butter one side of each slice of bread.


3) Place one slice of bread in the pan, buttered side down. (Or you can melt half tablespoon of butter in your pan and place bread over it, leaving another half of tablespoon for another side). Sprinkle some cheese, then spread on the pesto sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheese. Top with the remaining slice of bread, slightly pressing. Cook until golden brown on low heat. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. (I also covered with cheese the outer sides of the sandwich. If you want to do so, follow step 4).


4) Sprinkle half of the remaining cheese on an unoccupied section of the pan, place the grilled cheese on top and cook until the cheese has melted. Repeat with another side.


5 comments:

  1. Who can't get bored of grilled cheese?? :P

    You know, even if this is not a new recipe, your photos are so nice (you can feel the texture in them!!), that I wouldn't want to miss this sandwich :)

    I have never tried cheese and pesto sandwich, I love one with red pesto, chicken and cheese, but this, I haven't. And, as I'm a lover of cheese, I am of every type of pesto.

    This reminds me I have halloumi at home, so difficult to find here, and finally I've got it!! I'm wishing to try it!! Not in a sandwich, I think. Just rambling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really difficult to find halloumi! But I'm so in love with that cheese! I love it grilled or in a grilled and then sandwiched between a grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes! This is amazing. Now as you reminded me I am really going to buy some and make a sanwich with it.

      Delete
  2. Hi I'm Ana from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes
    from 1 to 10.

    There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your voted recipes. Each recipe has a link to the blog which belongs the recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog

    It's easy, fast and fun.

    I invite you to enter, add your blog and upload a recipe with a nice photo for user of the world look your recipes.

    You are able to see your stats:

    -Number of visits to your blog from Fooduel.com.
    -Number of votes received every day
    -Number of votes received by each category
    -Number of votes for each grade (1-10)
    -Number of votes for each recipe.

    Look this example of one profile stats: http://fooduel.com/stats1.png

    We would love that you participate with some recipe.

    Regards

    http://www.Fooduel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not have thought of this combination. Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best sandwich diffidently i ill try this yummy recipe..........

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...