Saturday, January 28, 2012

Farmer's Cheese Fritters




These are one of my favorite fritters. I remember my mum making them when I was little. I loved them very sweet and used to sprinkle even more sugar on top. Yesterday I wanted something healthy and sweet so the first idea was to make these fritters. Now I don't add so much sugar but serve them with a dollop of sour cream. Jam or any other sauce would work as well but the combination of cottage cheese and sour cream reminds me of the childhood. I guess this is a perfect food for children. They are super easy to make with only 4 ingredients and are perfect for breakfast.

 Approx. 1 cup Farmer's (curdled) cheese (I use 9%)
 2 tablespoons sugar (if you want them sweeter add more sugar, and for a healthier version, use brown sugar)
 1 large egg
 4-5 tablespoons flour (or enough to form balls)
 olive oil for frying
 sour cream to serve

Mix cottage cheese with sugar. In a separate bowl, beat an egg and add to the mixture. Fold in the flour. Mix well everything and form little balls, press to flatten. (I got 6 7cm diameter fritters) Bake over a preheated skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Serve warm with some sour cream.

2 comments:

  1. Brown sugar isn't actually healthier than white sugar. It's just mixed with molasses...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...