Friday, October 24, 2014

No-Bake Peanut Butter Chickpea Cheesecake







I had this idea of making chickpea cheesecake for a long time. I've seen many bloggers using cashews, macadamias instead of cream cheese but I've never seen anyone making it with chickpeas. So, I decided to give it a try! It was so hard to decide what flavors to add. First, I wanted to make it all-chocolate, then I wanted to make it lemon-flavored. But finally, after many days (yes, many days. You see, I wanted it perfect) of considering which flavor would taste best, I decided to make it peanut butter-chocolate flavored (probably the best decision in my life). You probably wonder how it tasted. Well, it actually tasted AMAZING. Honestly, that's probably the best recipe I've created in a long time. Maybe even the best I've EVER created. Yup, I'm proud of myself! I wouldn't be if it was an ordinary pie, but it's completely healthy. That's the thing. I know, chickpeas in a pie sounds weird. But trust me, you can't taste them. AT ALL. It's smooth, creamy and doesn't taste healthy. You are not going to believe until you try it yourself. 
I am super super happy to share this recipe with you and hope you'll love it!! Now, stop reading and head yourself to the kitchen. Fast!!


No-Bake Peanut Butter Chickpea Cheesecake

Filling:
200g dry chickpeas, cooked and drained (or 2 cans of chickpeas)
125g peanut butter*
170g (1/2 cup) honey, melted 
50g coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cocoa powder

*I made my own by using 125 grams of peanuts. Roast them in a skillet until lightly brown. Cool and process in a food processor until smooth.

Crust:
2 cups (180g) quick-cooking oats, ground 
10g (1 1/2T) unsweetened cocoa powder
5 tbsp coconut oil
7 tbsp honey

1) To make the crust, mix together oats and cocoa. Melt coconut oil and honey, and mix into the oat/cocoa mixture. Press to the bottom of a pan with removable sides. Refrigerate while you make the filling.

2) To make the filling, place chickpeas in a food processor and process until completely smooth. Scrape sides of the food processor as needed. You need a very smooth mixture. Add peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, salt and vanilla extract. Process until smooth.

3) Pour approximately 2/3 of the mixture onto the crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.

4) Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of honey to the reserved filling mixture. Spread over the first layer. Refrigerate overnight. (I prefer keeping it in refrigerator all the time. Yum!)

Recipe by collecting memories



7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Gaby! This recipe sounds so invigorating and pretty darn tasty too!!! Thank you SO much for sharing...I'm Pinning right now!

    I tried to connect with you on Pinterest but your button up top has no link...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Oh, I just fixed the link! I didn't even notice it doesn't work, thanks! ;)

      Delete
  2. Indeed it is fixed Gaby and I found you on Pinterest too!!! Thank you and thanks again for sharing...

    I put you in my sidebar and will be stopping back for more goodies:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the comment Louise!! I hope you'll find some great recipes here! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi :) I find this recipe right now and i love it and i would like to try it. I love a peanut butter and also chickpeas. So, i would like to ask you if i could use less of honey because i don´t like it or if i could use something another? Thanks for your answer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, sure you can skip honey. But I highly recommend adding a heated water into oat mix what will make your base more solid and while you don´t want to use honey this is really great subtitution. Any additional ingredients no nessesary. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...