Thursday, October 10, 2013

Banana Carrot Bars (Oil, Butter & Sugar Free)




Here's another easy recipe for healthyish snack bars. As these contain bananas, carrots and applesauce there's no need to add sugars. It's sweet enough with only 4 tablespoons of honey and, moreover, honey gives moistness which keeps for many days. It's a perfect snack for school or tea-time!

Banana Carrot Bars (Oil, Butter & Sugar Free)
50g oat flour
100g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch salt
1 tbsp wheat bran (optional)
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
4tbsp (~50ml) honey
70ml buttermilk (or milk)
1 large egg, beaten
4 tbsp applesauce
1 large overripe banana, mashed
1 large carrot, shredded 

1) Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Prepare a 20x20cm silicone baking dish.

2) In a small bowl, combine together all-purpose flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, wheat bran and pumpkin pie spice. 
3) In another bowl, combine together buttermilk, honey and egg.

4) In a large mixing bowl, mix together applesauce, banana and carrot.

5) Add buttermilk mixture to the banana mixture, stir to combine. Add the flour mixture and stir well. Pour the mixture to the baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely and cut into squares.

Recipe by collecting memories


11 comments:

  1. All that natural sweetener would make me feel satisfied and guilt free! What a great bar with so many different flavors. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know how much I love guilt-free desserts :p

      Delete
  2. so healthy and delicious xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to give this a try! They look wholesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do give these a try, I hope you'll like them!

      Delete
  4. they look like yummy healthy bars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks really delicious, what a great idea!!

    I'm going to copy and study :P the recipe just now, because I'm sure I've to try!!

    They look perfect, I hate this photos, why can't I take one bar!!! :P+
    Thanks for sharing, Gaby, I'll tell you if I can try this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!! Tell me if you try :) Hah, you know it's my goal to make you drool while looking at my pictures! ;D

      Delete
  6. These are delicious! My kids and I loved them! Great snack at home or in the kids' lunch boxes
    I cut them into bite size squares so they were easy to grab and eat. I made two batches last week...the second batch I added flake coconut to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad your kids can enjoy them at school :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...