Thursday, November 20, 2014

Chewy Pumpkin Bars







Before the fall ends, I wanted to share another pumpkin recipe with you. Chewy pumpkin bars! First I wanted to call them "pumpkin blondies", but blondies are more cakey and these bars had more fudgy texture. 
I was actually quite surprised with the results. They came out even more delicious than I expected. Brown butter, honey and cinnamon made it a perfect dessert for fall. If you think you've tried everthing with pumpkin, think again because you definitely have to try these!

Chewy Pumpkin Bars 

56g (1/2 stick) brown butter
100g )1/2 cup) sugar
60g honey
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
1/4tsp cinnamon
1 cup (220g) pumpkin puree
125g (1 cup) flour

1) In a small saucepan, add butter and cook until light brown. Do not stir. Watch it carefully so you don't brown it too much. Add sugar, honey and stir to combine. 

2) Once cooled a little, add in the egg. Add vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon.

3) Transfer to a large bowl. Mix in the pumpkin puree and finally mix in the flour.

4) Bake in a 180C (350F) preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

Recipe by collecting memories


7 comments:

  1. i love chewy bars. they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked an online conversion calculator and it looks like 60 grams of Honey is about 1/4 cup. Just wanted to check on that. Thanks for posting the recipe -- I was looking for exactly this (a "pumpkin blondie") and am eager to give it a try. The inclusion of Honey is a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    The recipe doesn't specify which size pan to use. Can you please let me know so I can make these? They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size pan? Is it greased/buttered? No idea how many this makes. If you want to be taken seriously, write a real recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this today and they were very good. I spread the batter in a greased 10”x6”pan and baked for about 25 minutes (until about 200 degrees). I cut them into 12 bars after they cooled. I wouldn’t call them chewy but they were dense. The top was unappealingly dry looking and could benefit by some kind of topping but the inside had good flavor and texture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...