Tuesday, December 23, 2014

White Chocolate Lemon Truffles



Christmas is not Christmas without candies, fudge and truffles. If I ever make truffles, I always do it during the holiday period. They are perfect for gifting and sharing. And the best part is that they consist f only a few ingredients and can be prepared very quickly. If you need a good gift idea, I think truffles are always a solution. 
I think I've mentioned before that intensely dark chocolate desserts aren't my favorite. Yup, that's why my truffles are white. I just love white chocolate. So much. Just like I love lemon. And the best thing happens when these two ingredients come together. These truffles are sweet, lemony and fresh. They're very soft and buttery as well, so I suggest keeping them in the fridge, or if you make them for a gift, give them in a little box. You don't want to mash them right? And yes, that happened to me. Don't repeat my mistake. 
Oh, and if you want a smoother consistency, leave the zest out. Of course, they will be less lemony. Personally, I don't mind the zest. Simply feel free to experiment.
And finally - merry Christmas! I wish you all a wonderful time!


White Chocolate Lemon Truffles

160g (1 cup) white chocolate 

70g (5 tbsp) unsalted butter 
45ml (3 tbsp) heavy cream
Pinch of salt
1 - 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
zest of 3 lemons (optional)
45g (3 tbsp) icing sugar 
Icing sugar, for rolling

1) In a small saucepan, combine together butter and heavy cream. Heat until the butter is melted. Turn off the heat, add white chocolate chips, cover and let sit for 2-3 minutes until the chocolate has melted. Stir the mixture until smooth.

2) Stir in salt, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix in powdered sugar. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely.

3) Once cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-4 hours until firm. 

4) Form little balls and roll them in powdered sugar. Store in the fridge.

Recipe slightly adapted from here.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Gaby! My daughter was on a truffle making spree last night. She kept sending pictures of all the different kinds of truffles she was off to share with her neighbors, lol...Just wait until I show here these! Maybe if I'm a good Mommy, she'll make some for me, fingers crossed:)

    Thank you so much for sharing, Gaby...It's been wonderful getting to know you and your delicious blog these past months. I look forward to visiting in the New Year. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you!! Thank you for all your amazing comments. I am very happy that you like my recipes, it's very, very important to me and it encourages me to keep posting. It's a pleasure to meet you and I hope you'll keep finding delicious recipes here! I hope you had great Christmas and I wish you a wonderful New Year's Eve!!

      Delete
  2. Really i found this article more informative, thanks for sharing this article.
    Best Parboiled Basmati Rice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...