Thursday, November 10, 2011

Quick Apple Pancakes




~3-4 medium apples, shredded
3/4 cup flour
1 level teaspoon cinnamon
3 teaspoons sugar (You should add more if you want sweet pancakes)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
some water (I don't know how much exactly I used, maybe about 3/4 cup. Add as much as needed to get a thick consistency.)


Mix the dry ingredients, then beat in the egg. Mix in the apples and finally add water. (Unfortunately, I didn't have any buttermilk. I'm sure they would come out even better with the buttermilk. So you can definitely substitute water with buttermilk.) Then cook them on preheated skillet for ~10 minutes. At first I bake them on low heat until golden and then increase the heat to medium and bake until golden brown. 

Serve with a dollop of sour cream



5 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I am definitely going to try them. How many servings does this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, did you really bake these or did you cook them in a skillet on the stove top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had about 10 medium pancakes. Of course, you may change the size, it depends on you :) Oh, I actually I cooked them in a skillet on the stove top, thanks for notice, I will correct it. Let me know if you make them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pancakes! A perfect breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so delicious - I´d gladly eat those for dinner. Or breakfast. Or as a late night snack - anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...