Saturday, March 31, 2012

Best Brownies


I can imagine how often you see bloggers claiming to have the "best" brownie recipe. Well, I guess I'm one of them. But how could I call them just brownies if I ate half of the batch at once? No, I'm not joking. I ate half of the brownies and was being tempted by the remaining ones. Thank God I resisted. Anyway, I ate way too much of them. What a shame. But sometimes I just can't help myself. They're just too good.

Too good. 

And so chewy.

But seriously. I've tried lots of brownie recipes and none of them was so good. I've been making these for years and they never disappoint me. They should contain nuts so feel free to add some but I don't like nuts in my chewy brownies.





 
Best Brownies
Print Options
140g(1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter  
275g (1 1/4 cups) sugar 
80g (3/4 cup + 2 tbsp) unsweetened cocoa powde
1/4 tsp salt 
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
70g (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
2/3 cup pecan pieces (I ommited this)

1 Preheat oven to 160C.
2 Combine the butter, cocoa, sugar, and salt in a medium heatproof bowl. Set the bowl in a wide skillet of barely simmering water. Stir the butter cocoa mixture from time to time until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth and hot enough that you want to remove your finger quickly after dipping it in to test. Remove the bowl from the skillet and set aside briefly until the mixture is only warm, not hot.
3 Stir in the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring quickly after each one. When the batter looks shiny, thick, and well mixed, add the flour and stir until you cannot see it any longer. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
4 Bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out just slightly moist with batter, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely on a rack. Cut in slices. (just don't overbake if you want them moist and chewy!)

2 comments:

  1. I understand what you say!! Best brownie and best cheesecake are my vital search!! :P And, if it's necessary, I must try all the recipes!!

    Well, for the cheesecake I have my favourite one, but even if I have some favourites for brownie, I'm still trying all the recipes they say are the best, or if the picture says me: "Please, give me a chance!!".

    And, it's so easy eat too many, even if then you can feel sick...
    I love the chewy ones (not too fudge, but yeah, "a little" like almost fudge), so I'm going to save your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'm also searching for the best cheesecake! I have my favourite too (cappuccino flavoured) but there are still so many cheesecake recipes in my folder I want to try! Despite the fact that I have so many recipes, I still keep searching and looking at beautiful photos that make me save more and more recipes. ;D
      Definitely try this brownie recipe! I ensure you won't be disappointed :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...