Tuesday, February 05, 2013

No-Bake PB Krispy Treats








My obsession for healthy food is continuing. Okay, rice krispies aren't the most healthy ingredient, but overall these treats are healthy enough to eat all of them, ah I mean, some. To be honest, I really ate almost all of them at once. That's the disadvantage of healthy food. If I know it's healthy, I eat nonstop.

No-Bake PB Krispy Treats

2/3 cup rice krispies
1/2 cup of homemade peanut butter*
1 cup ground oats
1 tbsp dried coconut
3 tbsp honey
2-3 tbsp water

*I made my own by processing 100g of  peanuts with 1 tsp honey.

1) In a medium bowl, combine together rice crispies, ground oats and dried coconut.

2) In a small saucepan, set over low heat peanut butter, honey and water for a few minutes until honey is melted and everything is combined.

3) Pour it over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. The mixture will be sticky so it is best to form the balls with wet hands.

Makes about 20-25 bite-size balls.




5 comments:

  1. These look so good! I love no-bake treats, and these look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyf likes these snacks!!

    Remind me of some raw brownies I made recently, not only to do something healthier, is how easy and fast you prepare these things, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! They can be made just from a few ingredients and you usually have them on hand. And everytime you can experiment with these adding nuts, seeds, fruits and make them any flavour.

      Delete
  3. What a unique little no-bake treat! And I just happen to have all of these ingredients on hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! That means you can have these in a few minutes! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...