Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Chocolate Fudge


 Yesterday I took my camera and went out to look around. The autumn is beautiful but the weather is getting colder. That's why I made these yummy chocolate fudge to have a cozy evening with something sweet. As always.


 Here is the recipe and if you like sweet things you should really make it. I made some changes in the recipe. It called for walnuts but I didn't have them at hand so I skipped it. I'm sure the fudge would be even better with nuts so you can definitely add some.

Chocolate Fudge


2 ½ cups sugar
110g unsweetened chocolate
1 cup (200ml) heavy cream
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp corn syrup (I used honey)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup of chopped walnuts (I ommited these)
1 tbsp of coffee liqueur (The recipe didn’t call for it but I thought it would add some good flavour)



1. Line a 20x20 cm baking dish with parchment paper.

2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar, chocolate, cream, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter, and corn syrup.

3. Over medium heat, stir with a wooden spoon until sugar is dissolved and chocolate is melted.

4. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and boil for 3 minutes.

5. Remove the cover and attach a candy thermometer to the pot.

6. Cook until the thermometer reaches 112 degrees C. Remove from the heat and add the remaining butter. Do not stir. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes or until it drops to 55 degrees C.

7. Add vanilla and nuts, if desired, and mix until well-blended and the shiny texture becomes matte. Pour into the prepared pan. Let sit in cool dry area until firm.

8. Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.




 Mmmm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...