Sunday, January 15, 2012
This cheesecake reminds me of summer. I baked it for my birthday (it's almost a tradition to bake cheesecakes for birthdays. And this cheesecake was so perfect. I have no other words to describe it. Caramel+Cheesecake=Heaven. Caramel fans have to try this. Otherwise if you don't like caramel you can use any other sauce (I believe chocolate would work well too).
250g of graham cracker crumbs
125g of butter
500g of cream cheese
2 tbsp rum
1 tbsp flour
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1) Mix the crumbs with butter.
2) Line the bottom of a spring form pan with baking paper.
3) line the bottom and edge of the tin with the biscuit and butter mixture.
4) Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
Homemade Caramel Sauce for the topping. (I also sprinkled some sliced almonds and walnuts on top to make it look better but it's optional.)
6) In a large bowl cream the cream cheese and sugar together
7) Beat the eggs in one at a time
8) Stir in the vanilla and rum
9) Stir in the flour
10) Pour the mixture into the cake tin over the biscuits
11) Bake for 50min – 1 hour
12) Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool. Then pull the cake out of the oven and let sit on the bench till really cool. Refrigerate after this step.