This time I decided to follow the trend and make something with pumpkin. I wasn't a fan of pumpkin desserts until I made this fabulous cake. And of course, I realized how much I love pumpkin spice! This cake has everything in it! Although I didn't add ginger (didn't have any) and cloves (which I hate). This cake is soft, moist and sooo fragrant. It's a fall must-make cake. And now, can you believe? I'm already planning to make pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins etc.. Truly, this cake made me fall in love with pumpkin.
Pumpkin Buttermilk Cake
225g (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened, plus additional for greasing bundt pan
315g (2 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting pan
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
177ml (3/4 cup) well-shaken buttermilk
1/2 teaspoons vanilla
245g (1 1/4 cups) granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1) Preheat oven to 180C. Butter and flour bundt pan.
2) Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt in a bowl.
3) Whisk together pumpkin, buttermilk and vanilla in another bowl.
4) Beat butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes, then add eggs and beat 1 minute.
Reduce speed to low and add flour and pumpkin mixtures alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture and mixing until batter is just smooth.
5) Spoon batter into pan and bake until a wooden toothpick or skewer inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool cake in pan on a rack 15 minutes, then invert rack over cake and reinvert cake onto rack.