Saturday, January 26, 2013

Onion Rings with Garlic Dill Dip






These onion rings are a perfect appetizer. They can be eaten plain but the garlic dill dip makes them even better. This dip can also be served with crackers, baked potatoes or anything you like.

 Onion Rings

1 large or 2 small onions
1/2 - 1 cup flour
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp sweet paprika flakes
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
salt, to taste

1) Slice the onions into rings and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg and combine it with buttermilk. Set aside.
3) In another bowl, mix together the crumbs, paprika flakes, white pepper, cumin, oregano and salt.
4) Place the flour in another bowl.
5) Take one onion ring, dip into buttermilk mixture, dip in flour, than again in buttermilk and finally in bread crumb mixture. Repeat with remaining onions.
6) Heat the oil in a pot. Fry onions for a few minuter, until nicely browned.

Garlic Dill Dip

200g sour cream
3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tbsp buttermilk
1 tsp dried basil
pinch white pepper
large pinch salt

Combine all ingredients. Add salt to taste and buttermilk (depending on the consistency you want the dip to be). Serve with onion rings and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I am a true addict of onion rings in the thousand versions I see or try.
    I've used only egg, and only buttermilk to coat food, but never both together, will have to try!!
    (I don't know if this sentence is OK or if it's like if I'm speaking chinese or something!).

    Do you ever have done onion ring in the oven? Not all recipes are very good, but some are very crunchy even whithour frying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a true addict of ONIONS. I can't say how much I love the smell of caramelized onions. I think they make every meal taste wonderful.
      I saw so many recipes of baked onion rings. But first I wanted to try frying them. Although baked rings sound even better because that means you can eat much more, right? :D

      Delete
  2. These are really crispy .. perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...