Monday, June 10, 2013
Finally I've passed all the exams and I'm free! I've been waiting so long for this moment. Now I have plenty of time and I don't have to think about studies and read tons of books again again in order to learn something. Finally I will be able to choose a book which I want to read, relax and enjoy warm summer weather.
Today I woke up and immediately realized that it's holiday. To be honest, I promptly remembered my blog which needs to be updated. And here it is! The most wonderful banana bread. Why it is wonderful? Well firstly because despite having only 25grams of butter it's still amazingly moist. And the moisture keeps for many days. Secondly, it has a strong banana flavour with the perfect amount of sugar.
For me, this is the best not too sweet snack whenever I want something delicious and rather healthy. I hope you will like this!
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
3 medium bananas, very ripe (about 1 1/2 cups mashed)
25g butter, softened
1/2 cup sweetened applesauce*
*If using unsweetened, increase the amount of sugar up to 200 grams. But I don't recommend adding too much. The sweetness of your bread also depends on how ripe your bananas are.
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare a silicone loaf pan (if using a metal pan, lightly grease it.)
2) In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3) In another bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat until combined. Stir in the eggs, applesauce and bananas.
4) Stir the dry ingredients into the banana mixture. Don't overmix. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth the top.
4) Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean. Let cool completely and slice. (I suggest baking it in the evening and leaving overnight because it's much more delicious after it stands a bit.)
Recipe by collecting memories