Thursday, July 11, 2013
This is one of the easiest cakes I know and therefore I do make it very often. It doesn't contain much butter because I just wanted to make it a little bit healthier and not to blame myself for eating four slices at once. This might be good with other berries too but the amount of sugar should be decreased then. Hope this will become your another favorite easy-yummy-summer-cake.
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar
40g butter, melted
2 cups red and black currants
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp flour
1) In a small bowl, beat together eggs, milk and butter.
2) In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Spread the mixture into a lightly greased cake tin.
4) Coat the currants with 1 tablespoon of flour. Sprinkle them on top of the batter and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar.
5) Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
Recipe by collecting memories