Imagine a giant, warm, chewy, gooey cookie topped with melting homemade vanilla ice cream. This Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is the one. A dreamy cookie pie with chunks of chocolate. And a dollop of vanilla ice cream which starts to melt and creates a creamy vanilla sauce. The cookie pie soaks in the sauce and slightly cools down. And then you take a bite, dip it into ice cream and go to heaven.
This cookie pie is a rich, perfect dessert when you crave something sweet. With its chewy texture it is reminiscent of a blondie. If you like blondies and brownies, you definitely have to try this. Ecpecially when it takes just a few minutes to prepare it. You don't even need to wash tons of bowls after all! Just mix everything in the skillet, pop into the oven and enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
110g unsalted butter
150g granulated sugar
50g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
185g all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
100g chocolate chunks (I used milk)
Vanilla ice cream, to serve.
2) In an 20cm/8inch cast iron skillet, melt 110g of butter over medium heat. When butter is melted, add the granulated sugar and brown sugar, and stir to combine. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
2) In a small bowl, beat the egg, and add two tablespoons of the melted sugar/butter mixture to the egg (to temper it) and whisk to combine.
3) Pour egg mixture back into the skillet, and stir until completely combined.
4) Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until very well combined. Add vanilla and chocolate, and stir to combine.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe adapted from here.