Monday, September 09, 2013

Bread Pizza





Pizza has always been one of my favourite Italian dishes. Even though I love experimenting with topping ingredients and love the additions such as pineapple, pickles or blue cheese, I always  love to come back to the basics. Mushrooms, cheese, tomato sauce and some herbs is everything I need for the best pizza. However, the crust sometimes takes too much time to mix up, knead, roll out etc.  So I thought I could use white sandwich bread instead of making pizza dough. It took no time and helped me to use up the old bread. And you know what? It was so good. The crust was browned and crunchy and and the surface of the bread absorbed some of the pasta sauce. The topping was perfectly delicious and cheesy. What is more, I liked that this was divided into small portions. If you have no time but crave for pizza, there's nothing better than topping slices of white sandwich bread with your favourite pizza ingredients.


Bread Pizza

6 slices white bread
~1 cup of homemade tomato sauce*
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
dried oregano
dried basil
salt (optional)
180g mushrooms, sliced
80g gouda cheese, shredded

*My tomato sauce contains parsley, onions, garlic, pepper and a dash of olive oil so you may add these seasonings too. If there's no oil in your tomato sauce, I highly recommend adding some, or sprinkling the bread with about a teaspoon of oil before topping.

1) Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Prepare a tray with parchment paper.

2) Place bread slices on the baking paper. Top each of them with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with garlic, oregano, basil and a pinch of salt.Top with mushrooms and sprinkle with cheese.

3) Bake as long as you wish. This may take from 5 to 25 minutes. I like to bake them longer because I like my bread extra crispy and browned.

Recipe by collecting memories


8 comments:

  1. I also love pizzing (yes, a new word), everything. Cake with pizza flavor, a pizza-flavored sandwich with focaccia, ciabatta, or a wrap!! Pizza dip to spread in baguette... Love it!!

    Alghouht I must confess that my favorite pizza comes... with pizza dough! But when I'm alone I make thinkgs like your bread, even yours looks nicer than mine, I promise!

    Of course, instead of extending tomate sauce, when making pizza I love using pesto or white sauce? Have you tried it?? It goes great with mushrooms, eggplant, spinachd and things like that!!

    Perhaps this weekend I try your pumpkin pie, I'm moving to a new house this month, but if I have time, I'll do before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you and I love pizzing too, it's such a great word, now I feel like I can express myself much easier with this word! :D

      I never tried it and I never even thought about using pesto or white sauce instead of tomato sauce. How boring am I??? This is such a great idea. Maybe I just couldn't imagine my pizza without tomato sauce. It seems like a must-add ingredient. But perhaps I could mix for example pesto and tomato sauce? I think it would be perfect.

      You're moving to a new house! It's so thrilling! Ohh you will bake/cook in a new kitchen, isn't it exciting? :D

      Delete
  2. My only request is crispy bread:) And then I will eat my fair share! Yes to the gouda!!! It needs to be in more things, as does pesto. As always, amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gouda is a great cheese! And I must confess, I like it even more than mozzarella. So I really wish it was in more things. Thank you, as always!!

      Delete
  3. Wau! new idea for me....Can you please give me a piece of it? really mouthwatering and drool worthy.....I bookmarked....Will try this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could send you a piece of it by air mail! But I think you could make it in your own kitchen faster :))

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing.
    It must be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The illuminati brotherhood is a secret society of wealthy and influential people all around the world And we have representatives every where, even in you country.  Anybody in any part of the world of any religion can be a full member of the illuminati brotherhood as long as you can complete the Molanter of genesis initiation process and become a full member of the fraternity then you will see the power of wealth and fame and famous rich $920,000. instantly you become a full member of the illuminati brotherhood. The Molanter initiation process will take just 3 days, and we are not against any religion or any country law. Immediately your initiation is completed you will see the power of the fraternity in your life contact via  +1 7175940987     email davidcastrocarlo@gmail.com               

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...