Dulce de Leche Roll
4 eggs, separated
70g sugar, 20g and 50g separated
80g all purpose flour
1 can dulce de leche
coconut flakes and icing sugar, to decorate
1) Preheat oven to 160C (325F). Cover the baking tray with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl, mix egg yolks, 20g of sugar, milk, oil and flour. Whisk until combined.
3) In another bowl, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar and beat until well incorporated and stiff.
4) With a metal spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray. Spread in an even layer.
5) Bake for 15-18 minutes.
6) Remove from the oven and turn onto another sheet of parchment paper. Peel off the hot paper and roll using the new paper. Allow to cool.
7) When cool, unroll and spread the dulce de leche covering the entire cake.
8) Roll back and sprinkle with powdered sugar and coconut. Slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from here.