A very simple recipe for classic chocolate chip muffins. What I like about them, is that you only need a couple of bowls and no more than 10 minutes to prepare them. These have chocolate chips in every bite and my favourite part is a slightly crunchy exterior. They are both good warm when the chocolate is still melted and cold. They really keep well for almost a week.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
150g/⅔ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
113g/½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
160ml/⅔ cup milk
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
200g milk chocolate chips
1) Preheat the oven to 190C/375 F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2) In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3) In medium bowl, mix together melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla.
4) Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix everything together just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5) Divide the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from here.