Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Crustless Carrot Pie



I've been posting new recipes quite rarely recently. I just wish there were more hours in a day because now my life is like a hurricane. I must forget about those idyllic days when I could wake up and spend the whole day in the kitchen realizing my cupcake visions. This is a temporal period though, soon I'll come back to this. 
And here is the new and a little bit unusual dessert (but surprisingly simple). I made this as an alternative to my favourite crustless pumpkin pie. I basically replaced pumpkin puree for the carrot puree and used milk instead of sour cream (just because I didn't have any. Sour cream might work just as well as milk). So this recipe is definitely going to be another keeper. The only problem with this was that I finished it too quickly. Seriously. 
One important note: make sure you keep this in refrigerator before slicing. The center needs time to set completely, otherwise, it will be too runny. 
Go ahead and try this, enjoy!

Crustless Carrot pie


500g carrots, cooked, drained and pureed in a blender (about 2 cups)
3 large eggs
120ml/1/2 cup milk
150g/3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
35g flour

1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 18cm baking pan.

2) In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add sugar, milk and carrot puree. Whisk until incorporated. Add cinnamon, ginger and flour. Mix to combine.

3) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set in the middle. Let cool completely and transfer to refrigerator. Let sit for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting.

Recipe by collecting memories 


6 comments:

  1. Just tried this. I used nonfat greek yogurt for the milk and Splenda for the sugar. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a diabetic so I only used 1/4 C sugar and a sugar substitute equivalent to 1/8 C sugar. It was perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan who has watched your writing from before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post! We will be linking to this great article on our site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I definitely liked reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This information offered by you is very constructive for proper planning

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...