Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chocolate Oatmeal




Obviously, this oatmeal is for those who HATE oatmeal. Because after you taste this - you fall in love with oats. It feels like you're eating a rich in fat and gooey chocolate dessert. However, it is a ridiculously easy and simple dish. The banana adds moistness and makes this oatmeal super rich. But make sure you use good quality cocoa! Otherwise, you won't get that amazing flavour. It is also low in calories, healthy and nutritious food. I think I've mentioned enough reasons for loving oats and this dessert. And I actually feel inspired to try oatmeal with many more flavours!


1/2 cup/40g rolled oats
1/2 cup/120ml water
1/2 cup/120ml milk
pinch of salt
1/2 medium banana, mashed
1-1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar


1) Bring the milk and water to a boil.

2) Add the oats and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.

3) Add the banana, salt, cocoa powder, brown sugar and cinnamon and cook until all the liquid is absorbed (about 1 minute).



6 comments:

  1. You might have to convince me on the healthy part because this looks tooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try this and you'll see that it's both healthy and delicious :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! This looks super good! I wonder if I could take this flavour combination and make a great smoothie outta it somehow! Thanks! :D

    -Anjo
    http://munchcraft.anjosblogzine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds interesting! Chocolate and banana combination is always great. :)

      Delete
  3. It's funny, I've been for centuries thinking about making oats with chocolate or peanut butter. I save the recipe, I say to me: "I'll try it".
    Then, I don't dare!!
    I don't know why, on one hand, I think is a good combination, but then, I'm afraid I don't like the combination. I see it like, so... ¿brown?

    It's silly, just because I made cakes with oats and chocolate or cocoa!

    Today my breakfast wan't one of those healthy desserts we like, Sunday has been for a juicy gooey cake with sour cream and a handful of butter in it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you try?! I encourage you to do it finally! I've always been a bit sceptical about raw bananas with nutella or something like that. But if the bananas are mashed and all the ingredients fully combined, I love it! :D I think that's silly too.
      My breakfast today was this oatmeal. I'm still addicted to it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...