This cookie recipe is one of the easiest I've ever made. You only need a couple of bowls and no more than 5 minutes to mix them up. They're quite reminiscent of lace cookies. If you flatten them a little before baking, you are going to get thin, lacy cookies. I didn't flatten them because I wanted to get a slightly thick and chewy center. Either way, they come out delicious and perfectly chewy. And the best part - they're flourless! That means they're a little bit healthier, too.
Flourless Oatmeal Cookies
56g/1/4 cup butter
135g/1 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
150g/1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1) Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2) Melt the butter and set aside. In a bowl, combine the oats, sugar and salt.
3) In another bowl, whisk together melted and slightly cooled butter and egg. Stir this egg mixture into the oat mixture. Chill the dough about 30 minutes in refrigerator.
4) When the dough has chilled so you can form the balls, take it out of the fridge and form little balls. If you want them to be more like lace cookies, flatten a bit. Place on a baking sheet about 5 cm/2 inches apart.
5) Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before removing from baking tray.
Recipe by collecting memories